4. Why is it when we talk to God, we're said to be praying, but when God talks to us, we're schizophrenic? Lily Tomlin
5. All great truths begin as blasphemies. George Bernard Shaw, 1856-1950 (Author's note: small truths too.)
6. If love is the answer, would you please rephrase the question? Lily Tomlin
7. Man to God: "O Lord, I want peace." God to Man: "When you remove yourself of 'I' and the 'want' you will automatically have peace."
8. When I was young I used to pray for a bike, then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.
9. Another God Please: Joe slipped off a tall cliff. He grabbed a branch a few feet down. After a few minutes hanging there, he was exhausted and unable to pull himself up. He looked up to the heavens and called out, "God, help me, please, help me." Suddenly the clouds parted and a deep voice commanded, "Let go!" Joe pondered this for a moment, looked up at heaven once more and said, "Is there anyone else up there?"
10. Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization, said, "I think it would be a good idea." Mohandas K. Gandhi, 1869-1948
11. The rumor is that God has Alzheimer's and has forgotten we are here.
© 2008 by Thayer White
Finding Your Soul in the Spirituality Maze
|Excerpt from Be Your Own Therapist: "For example, men in this culture historically have made the choice not to feel sadness and grief (i.e., choice A). The result is a wide array of acting-out behavior such as unreasonable anger or drug/ alcohol/ sexual/ gambling addictions."|